In this episode Chase and NYT bestselling author James Clear pull apart the question “what do you want!?” and discuss life after success (and how James got there).
- 7:46 what it has been like to become successful. How he began.
- 10:03 James’ worry for content creators.
- 15:10 the challenge of relevancy.
- 21:02 “Volume/consistency before intensity.”
- 27:10 “I’m starting to think the most important thing is to know what you want.”
- 29:00 Where we waste our energy: chasing status symbols, continuing status quo.
- 31:27 Let your life speak by Parker Palmer
- 32:15 what makes a good answer to the question: what do I want?
- 36:04 The enneagram.
- 44:55 On setting directions instead of goals.
- 50:23 James’ minimal travel setup
- 51:07 Big if true: every thought you have is downstream of what you consume.
- 58:21 “Life is short, but it’s also long… and you have to live with your choices.” See also: “life begins after 40. Before that it’s just research.”