James Clear on What You Want
- 💌 Matterful Monthly emails for modern movers
- 2:14 Why he lives where he lives
- 6:48 his book has been on the NYT bestseller list for over a year!?
- 7:46 what it has been like to become successful.
- 7:59 how he first got started
- 9:19 early work built up potential energy that released when the book was launched
- 10:03 James’ worry for content creators
- 15:10 the challenge of relevancy
- 16:31 often times people practice something different than what they preach
- 18:58 more practitioners writing (or more people practicing, not just writing)
- 21:02 “volume/consistency before intensity”
- 23:26 the actual work isn’t hard, PATIENCE is hard.
- 27:10 “i’m starting to think the most important thing is to know what you want.”
- 29:00 where we waste our energy: chasing status symbols, continuing status quo
- 31:27 Let your life speak by Parker Palmer
- 32:15 what makes a good answer to the question: what do I want?
- 36:04 the enneagram
- 44:55 set directions instead of goals.
- 50:23 James’ minimal travel setup
- 51:07 big if true: every thought you have is downstream of what you consume
- 56:45 “life begins after 40. Before that it’s just research.”
- 58:21 life is short, but it’s also really long and you have to live with your choices.
- win free gear: https://matterful.co/free-stuff
- matterful: https://matterful.co
- patreon: http://patreon.com/chasereeves
- the podcast: https://chasereeves.co/podcast
- insta: http://instagram.com/chasewreeves
- tweeter: http://twitter.com/chasewreeves
- spotify: http://open.spotify.com/user/chasereeves
- gear: http://kit.co/chasereeves