Corbett Barr & The State of the Creator Economy
- 3:00 Why are people easy to trick?
- 3:46 Creators rule the world.
- 5:54 Successful digital media
- Media example: The Social Dilemma. Jaron Lanier is the name we were looking for.
- 13:00 Expertise is still the product.
- 17:19 Proving (without a gatekeeper) that you’re relevant.
- 18:03 The 3 public and digital elements you can actually own.
- 20:00 Developing consistent creative rhythms.
- 25:18 The Viability Ratio
- 28:00 How resonance works
- Australian multimeter youtuber guy Corbett mentions
- 33:00 Books are still the model
- 37:00 Rhythms of accomplishing things
- 44:07 “I have an opinion” as platform prerequisite
- 49:00 Artist fires and the John Baldessari documentary you need to watch.
- 53:47 Why some of you are waiting too long to get started (and some aren’t waiting long enough)…
- 58:00 Making your outside — how you look on the internet — look like your inside
- 59:20 Organizing, conscientiousness and this Rectix SNL commercial
- 1:01:00 Not just getting it working, but KEEPING it working
- 1:03:23 Francis Bacon on Arena
- 1:06:00 Bringing an underlying human message vs. imitating other successes on a platform
- 1:08:00 Speaking with your own voice
- 1:11:00 Corbett cleaned his digital house… here’s how it went
- 1:22:00 What we built together at Fizzle.co
- 1:27:00 What we got right: understanding the customer
- 1:29:00 Corbett’s productivity tools mentioned:
- Bear (notes), Trello (projects) and Front (email)
- 1:41:00 Jobs to be done primer
- 1:42:00 Corbett’s Jura espresso machine
- win free gear: https://matterful.co/free-stuff
- matterful: https://matterful.co
- patreon: http://patreon.com/chasereeves
- the podcast: https://chasereeves.co/podcast
- insta: http://instagram.com/chasewreeves
- tweeter: http://twitter.com/chasewreeves
- spotify: http://open.spotify.com/user/chasereeves
- gear: http://kit.co/chasereeves